Site Donated by:
- Rebuilding work in Chennai, India after the 2004 tsunami.
- 2005 Hurricane Katrina,USA.
- Haiti 2009 Earthquake Relief.
- Pakistan 2009 Flood Relief Fund.
- Aid for the Refugees from Somalia, in Kenya. 2011 onwards.
- Relief Work after the disastrous Typhoon Haiyan, Philippines 2013.
- Nepal 2015 Earthquake Relief Fund.
- Olcott Memorial High School, in Adyar, Chennai,
http://www.olcott-school-chennai.org The School provides free education for over 700
children from underprivileged families, and also free textbooks, uniforms, and a nutritious
breakfast, and enriches a mid-day meal provided by the government.
- Dr Besant Memorial Animal Welfare Dispensary, in Adyar, Chennai, India.
- Free Medical Dispensary in Adyar, Chennai,
- Women's Vocational Training in Adyar, Chennai, India.
- Round Table a character building organisation based on theosophical principles
for young children.
- African Village, (Education)
- Agape Project
runs a school for 28 children in Western Cape, SA. The Children have HIV, cerebral palsy, etc.
and are living away from their families. The families send food, but often there is not enough.
Money is needed to fund a sensory room, and to give children a Complan-type food to build them
- Animal Care, Lancaster.
- ARRC's Discovery, Russia/
a charity that rescues street children in Russia, with parents addicted to alcohol and drugs.
- Aum Pranava Ashram (
http://www.freewebs.com/aumpranava/index.htm) The ASHRAM was founded to help orphaned
and/or underprivileged children from economically very poor background by providing them with
a HOME (in the real sense) which gives them food, shelter, education and medical treatment with
the love and care necessary for good child development.
- Autistic Child, Sam.
- Brooke Animal Hospital
an international animal welfare organisation dedicated to improving the lives of working horses, donkeys and mules
in some of the world's poorest communities, providing treatment, training and programmes around animal health and wellbeing,
operating across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Cardio Start (
www.cardiostart.com) is an international, charitable, non-profit, humanitarian, medical
organisation, dedicated to providing free heart surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, gynaecology,
paediatric and other medical support to children and adults living in underserved areas of the
world, with volunteer medical and non-medical staff.
- Centre for Animals & Social Justice (Formerly Uncaged)
(www.casj.org.uk) A peaceful international
animal protection organisation. Main campaigns are against animal experiments (vivisection); against
xeno-transplantation (animal to human transplants); for animal rights and for democratic action on animal issues through the political
- Charity for Women with Aids in South Africa.
- Children's Home in India's Kerala State (CHIKS).
an orphanage for street children in the Kerala State of India.
- A Children's School in Gambia.
- Cleft Lip and Palate Association(CLAPA)
- Compassion in World Farming
is recognised as the leading international farm animal welfare organisation campaigning to
improve the short, miserable lives of farmed animals all around the world.
- Coram Creative Therapy for Children
(www.coram.org.uk) uses a pioneering approach
and range of services – including adoption, creative therapies and supported housing for care leavers – to help children and young
people to find stability, love and self worth.
- Cumbria Mountain Rescue.
- De Paul's Ssmile Village, South India.
www.depaulsssmilevillage.org ) provides a home to a variety of underprivileged people of all
ages, disabilities, etc.
- Dr Hadwen Trust
believes animal experiments are unethical and scientifically inadequate. They want medical
progress without animal suffering, so are developing better, more advanced and humane methods of conducting medical research.
- Dr Cadiér and The Healing Foundation (www.thehealingfoundation.org.uk) is a national charity championing the cause of people living with disfigurement and visible loss of function, by funding research into pioneering surgical and psychological healing techniques and also raise awareness about the cause and provide information about the sources of support.
- Ecumenical Accompanying Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI)
www.eappi.org) is an international, ecumenical programme that recruits and despatches observers.
- Edward's Trust (
www.edwardstrust.org.uk) is designed to give practical support to parents and carers
caring for families and children during child illness and bereavement, through counselling and
- El Shaddai Street Child Rescue, Goa, India.
a children’s home and school for street children.
- EthiopiAid (
www.ethiopaid.org.uk) is a fundraising organisation based in the UK which supports locally
run community projects in Ethiopia.
- Freshfields Animal Rescue.
rescues over 1,200 abused animals and birds annually in its centres in Liverpool and Wales.
- Friends of Chernobyl’s Children
targets children from needy families in Chernobyl and since 1995, has grown, with groups around
the country. In 2000, over 450 children came to the UK for a one month recuperative visit,
providing family placements and meeting full costs including optical, dental and health checks.
This helps boost their immune systems.
- Furniture for Education World-wide.
Collects discarded furniture and educational equipment and delivers them to third world countries.
They also insert our knitted teddies in the containers.
- Golden Link School, Philippines
http://www.www.theosophy.ph/schools.htm) The School is one of four run by the TS in
the Philippines, for poor, underprivileged children offering education from nursery to tertiary
- Greyhound Rescue Centre, Wales.
is the longest established greyhound charity in Wales and the only all Wales charity dedicated to rescuing and re-homing greyhounds
- Homeless Children in Brasilia is a children’s transit home for street
children, in preparation for the return to their families. The local TOS group helps.
- Hoxton Health Group
provides low cost complementary health care, exercise classes and healthy living groups for
Hackney and City residents over the age of 60.
- International Aid Trust (
www.internationalaidtrust.org.uk) is the charity that delivers the teddies to needy children all over the
- Jigsaw Support Scheme ( http://www.jigsawmansfield.org,uk) befriending the lonely and chronically socially
- Joy Bells Orphanage and School Foundation, India.
- Kanti Children’s Hospital, Nepal.
- Linda McCartney Centre, a cancer clinic, opened at The Royal
Liverpool University Hospital.
Provides secondary school bursaries to students of the Kuku Group Ranch situated near the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro. In conjunction with the local community it develops a programme of continuing and sustainable support to improve educational entitlement for the Maasai children in this area.
- Medicens Sans Frontiers
www.msf.org), provides medical aid to victims of International Disasters.
- Muslim Global Relief (
www.muslimglobalrelief.com) for planting of fruit-trees and supplying drinking water in Africa.
- Pandaw Hospital Barge (
www.pandaw.com) A motorised 128 ft barge, fitted out with clinic, accommodation for
doctors, and even parking for two trucks and with ample holds below decks for storing supplies,
providing medical relief to coastal regions of Myanmar (Burma) devastated by the cyclones.
- Peace Mala (www.peacemala.org.uk ) The Peace
Mala bracelet was created as a simple representation of the world's religions living alongside each other in harmony.
- Practical Action: Intermediate Technology Development Group (
www.practicalaction.org.uk) A Charity which works with poor communities to develop
appropriate, sustainable, low-cost technologies.
- Prison Phoenix Trust (
www.prisonphoenixtrust.org.uk) encourages prisoners in the development of their spiritual
welfare, through the practices of meditation and yoga, working with silence and the breath.
- Samuel Special Train (Santa Visit).
- Simon Weston Trust.
- Smile Train (
www.smiletrain.org.uk) provides free cleft surgery in third world countries. It costs as
little as £150 and taking as little as 45 minutes to give a desperate child not just a new smile but
a new life.
- Support Cambodia (
http://sacredheartnorthwalsham.com/supportcambodia.html) The Catholic Church has set up a number of centres
across Cambodia, serving the whole community based entirely on need and regardless of faith.
- The Hamlet Centre Trust (
www.hamletcentre.org.uk) for disabled children and adults.
- The Tie Club ( http://www.thetieclub.co.uk) a pub
based charity, raising funds for the children of Ash Field Special School, to help buy electric wheelchairs.
- TOS Home Schools in Pakistan.
- Tree Aid (
www.treeaid.org.uk) is the UK's only forestry focussed development charity providing
funding and on the ground training and support to local organisations in the Sahel of Africa.
- Water Purification Plants (S.A.R.A.I.D.) (
www.saraid.co.uk) provides Search & Rescue Assistance in Disasters, e.g. the Tsunami,
Kashmir earthquake, collapse of the ice-rink in Bavaria, etc. and provides water Purification
Theosophical Order of Service,
Secretary and Co-ordinator: Cynthia Trasi, 66 Kirkgate, Shipley,
West Yorks BD18 3EL
Tel: 01274 598455. Email:
I would be most grateful to receive notifications of any errors or mistakes and also for any
suggestions for improvement of this web site. I thank you in anticipation.
Page last modified on: